Download our official App and practice on your mobile.
Here are the standard procedures that you should complete before starting to move the car in your driving test:
- Adjust the seat to ensure that you can reach the pedals comfortably and that you have a clear view of the road.
- Adjust the mirrors to ensure that you have a clear view of the road behind you.
- Please put on your seat belt and ensure that all passengers in the car have put on their seat belts as well.
- Check that the car is in the correct gear (usually in a park, neutral for automatic transmission, or neutral for manual transmission).
- Check that the handbrake is engaged (if applicable).
- Before moving off, look around and check for any potential hazards or obstacles, such as pedestrians or other vehicles.
- Signal your intention to move off if necessary, and check that it is safe to do so before releasing the handbrake and pressing the accelerator to move the car.