Fine for not wearing a seat belt in UAE plays a significant role in the country’s road safety rules. The UAE is known for its top-notch roads and strict traffic laws.
One important rule is the seat belt law, which says everyone in a car must wear a seat belt. This law helps keep people safe and reduces severe injuries from car accidents.
Fine for Not Wearing Seat Belt in UAE
The UAE strongly emphasizes road safety and adherence to the seat belt law is vital to ensuring the well-being of motorists and passengers.
The penalties for non-compliance with the seat belt law serve as a deterrent and underscore the importance of wearing seat belts while travelling in vehicles.
Breakdown of Fines for Not Wearing a Seatbelt
In the UAE, the fine for not wearing a seat belt is 400 Dirhams (approximately 110 USD). It is important to note that this fine applies to the vehicle driver, who is responsible for ensuring the seat belt usage of all occupants.
Everyone must be properly restrained to comply with the law regardless of the seating position.
Other Penalties for Non-Compliance
In addition to the financial fine, non-compliance with the seat belt law in the UAE results in the imposition of 4 black points on the driver’s license.
The accumulation of black points can have significant implications, as exceeding a certain threshold may lead to license suspension or even revocation.
These penalties aim to discourage non-compliance and reinforce the importance of seat belt usage.
Consequences for Repeat Offenders
Repeat offenders who persistently violate the seat belt law face heightened consequences.
Subsequent offences incur higher fines and may result in additional black points being added to the driver’s license. The authorities take a firm stance on repeat offenders to ensure greater compliance with seat belt regulations and overall road safety.
Passenger Not Wearing Seat Belt Fine
If a passenger is found not wearing a seat belt during a traffic check or inspection, the vehicle’s driver is held responsible for the violation. The fine for a passenger not wearing a seat belt is the same as that for the driver, which amounts to 400 Dirhams (approximately 110 USD).
Therefore, the driver is liable to ensure all passengers are correctly tied.
Child Safety Regulations and Fines in UAE
UAE has introduced specific rules concerning child restraints and seating arrangements. Children must be secured in appropriate child restraint systems, such as car seats or booster seats, based on their age, weight, and height. The child restraint systems must meet recognized safety standards and be properly installed and utilized.
Failure to comply with these child safety regulations can result in penalties. The fines for not adhering to the child restraint rules range from 400 Dirhams (approximately 110 USD) to 500 Dirhams (about 135 USD), depending on the severity of the violation. These fines are imposed on the vehicle driver, who is responsible for ensuring the safety of all passengers, especially children.
It is important to note that vehicles without rear seats are exempt from the rule regarding children travelling in the front. However, securing children in rear seats is still recommended whenever possible, as it provides an added layer of protection.
How to Check and Pay Seat Belt Fine in UAE
To check your seat belt fine in the UAE, you can conveniently do so through various online platforms. The UAE government has introduced digital channels allowing motorists to check and pay traffic fines easily anywhere. Here are the platforms you can use:
- Ministry of Interior: Visit the UAE Ministry of Interior website, where you can access the traffic fines section to check and pay your seat belt fine.
- MOI UAE app: Download the MOI UAE app from Google Play Store or the App Store. The app provides a user-friendly interface to check and pay traffic fines, including seat belts.
- Emirates Vehicle Gate: Access the Emirates Vehicle Gate website, which allows you to check and pay your seat belt fine online.
- Abu Dhabi Police: Visit the Abu Dhabi Police official website or use their dedicated mobile app to check and pay traffic fines, including seat belt fines.
- Dubai Police: Utilize the Dubai Police official website or mobile app to check and pay your seat belt fine online conveniently.
- RTA – Dubai: For fines related to Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), visit their official website or use their mobile app to check and pay your seat belt fine.
- Ras Al Khaimah eGovernment: If you reside in Ras Al Khaimah, the official eGovernment website of Ras Al Khaimah allows you to check and pay your seat belt fine online.
By accessing these platforms, you can quickly check your seat belt fine in the UAE and proceed with an online payment using the available payment methods. Always ensure you have the necessary information, such as your vehicle registration number or Emirates ID, ready to access your fine details accurately.
We have already compiled a list of all RTA Dubai traffic fines. We urge you to go through it once so that you can avoid all types of fines in the UAE.