Any applicants hoping to get a driving license in Dubai have to pass a series of tests by RTA. The Roads and Transport Authority mediates these tests and decides on who passes. The primary concern regarding these tests is that the applicant should know what they are facing. Therefore, if the aspirant of a Dubai license has prepared well for the tests, it is not impossible to pass them. This list of tips and tricks will help you pass the Dubai RTA Parking Test.
The first test to pass is the RTA Theory test. After that, you need to pass the RTA Parking test to finally appear in the RTA Road test which then ascertains your license. The app will help you prepare for the theory test.
Passing the Dubai RTA Parking Test
If the applicants know what they are facing, it is fairly easy to pass the RTA Parking test. Therefore, some simple tricks can help applicants make sure they are getting it right.
There are several types of the RTA Parking Test that the applicant has to pass. These include the
- Parallel Parking: Where the applicant need
- Garage Parking: Where the applicant has to park the car in the parking area
- Angle Parking: Is a test where you have to park your car at a 60 degrees angle
- Hill Test: This one involves driving and stopping a car while going uphill.
The following lists of tips to pass the Dubai RTA Parking Test will help you in doing just that.
Parking Test: Things to Remember
It does not matter what kind of parking test you are attempting. Always remember to check.
- Seat Belt
- Always put on the seatbelt. As early as you sit on the driving seat. Wear the seatbelt.
- Mirror Check
- After seatbelt, the 2nd most important thing is to do a mirror check. Check all the mirrors.
- Always use indicator. If you are about to make a right turn switch on right side indicator and if it is left side use the left indicator.
- Use brakes properly. Keep a distance from the vehicle that is in front of you. Do not apply the sudden brake.
- Shoulder Check
- Shoulder check is also a basic thing. Please do a shoulder check too.
Download RTA Theory Test Application
You can download RTA Theory Test from your favourite app store. All of the points that an instructor looks for during a parking test are included in the app.
What to do?
- Listen closely to the instructions given by the examiner. Follow those instructions to the dot.
- Carefully adjust rear view mirror and side mirrors and use the mirrors to correctly identify where you are going.
- Use the accelerator and the steering wheel smoothly to manage the direction and angle of parking.
- Keep both your hands on the steering wheel for maximum control of the vehicle.
- For emergency stop, halt the vehicle exactly when the examiner tells you to.
- Start the car within 60 seconds of the examiner asking you to do so.
- Give the indicators properly at turns.
What not to do?
- Do not try to be overconfident in your attempt to impress the examiner. You will come off as non-serious and it is highly likely that the examiner will fail you.
- Do not exceed the parking area that the examiner allots to you. If you do it, the examiner will immediately fail you.
- Do not hit the curb or any poles during driving the vehicle. Such a mistake also results in immediate failure.
- Do not let the car move backwards during the hill test as it will disqualify you.
- Never take more than the designated time to complete a certain maneuver. It is 5 minutes for parallel parking, 3 minutes for vertical parking and 2 minutes for parking at a 60 degrees angle.
- Do not roll back more than 30 cm.
We hope this list will help you pass the RTA Parking Test in your first attempt.
Why not to apply the techniques DSSSM once we are in the car and the POM before we start moving ?
Then during parking test at every cycle end we Park/Hand Brake … Once we are going to next stage we release Parking gear / Release Handbrake / Left and Right shoulder check the Move safely.